SBL Professional Practice Model
As professional nurses, we are exceptional advocates, team members and nursing practice leaders. We create a safe, healing environment and embrace a culture of teamwork, professionalism and nursing excellence.
- Critical Thinker: We use systematic, logical thinking with openness to question and reflect when making all clinical decisions to ensure safe nursing practice and quality care.
- Advocate: We protect, support and promote the health, safety and rights of our patients, families, communities and the healthcare team.
- Communicator: We interact, connect and engage patients, families and team members through our words and actions to ensure all aspects of healthcare delivery are understood.
- Listener: We are attentive to the voice of patients, families and team members and seek to understand the influences that impact their perspectives, preferences, concerns and needs.
- Caregiver: We embrace our patients, families and communities holistically considering multiple aspects of the individual mind, body and spirit.
- Compassion: We provide empathetic care to all through comforting, healing and being present in every interaction.
- Teamwork: We respectfully collaborate with the healthcare team, patient and family to ensure exceptional outcomes.
- Trust: We develop meaningful relationships with the healthcare team, patients and families through mutual trust and open, honest interactions.
- Professionalism: We embrace professional standards, practice to the fullest extent of licensure, influence legislative policy, practice by evidence-based standards and participate in generating new knowledge.